Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dust off

It's been a long time since I touched the blog.

I have had a hectic yet great last 3 weeks.
The inspiration I had was eventually put into our idea for assignment 2. And then there was the pitching session. I think I will learn a lot from Dennis, especially from his resolution when it comes to standing up for his idea. It was great to see the audience seems to be quite receptive towards our idea for the final project. I was so glad when a few people approached us afterwards to offer their facilities to test our prototype.

Some of the ideas presented to us during the pitching were incredibly inspiring. I plan to take on some of them after CS3216 is over. I think some of the ideas are really those that can make this world a better place.

Then came the finishing of our assignment 3. Towards the end of the project, the application seems to appear more and more interesting to us, despite all the bugs that we encountered. Apart from the usual designing tasks, I got to learn quite a lot things regarding coding in this assignment! It was great working with my team. Inian is really good at back-end. Kaizhi is a great coder. He was extremely careful and got a good eye overseeing the whole progress. The code was really organized and neat because of the framework that we used. Zenan was a great front-end designer. He was really good with CSS styling as well as Javascript. I got to do a little bit of coding as I try to adopt the swiping function for our application (but there was a slight glitch that I could not have time to fix though :P, guess what it is ;) ) I also tried to let users arrange postcards in a grid, but then we scraped it because that function is rather useless for a small mobile-device screen. But it was fun doing all those stuffs :)

And now the challenge is to squeeze a few weeks of other modules into these 3, 4 days and get ready for mid-terms. And begin, or rather, continue on the final assignment.

But everything is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment